Friday, April 3, 2009

Where is God ?





Where is God when I need Him? is the question that never fails to come in our mind as we face challenging situations and tough circumstances. But does not God say in His word " I will never leave you nor forsake you "? But why do we not feel that God is close with us sometimes ?


Is it wrong to say that I don't feel like God is with me at this point of time? Yesterday I felt like that, when I was going through an incident. But as I went back home last night, I came across a scripture which I identified very well in Matthew 27:45-46 "My God,My God why have you forsake me" ? Jesus crying out to God.

Jesus also went through a time where He could not feel God's presence, why did Jesus go through those time ? He wanted to identify with us! I believe in a God who fully identifies with me as a human ! He went through pain and suffering and knows what tears is !

I know one thing, even tough sometimes I don't feel like God is close with me, but I know that Jesus knows how it feels like and I get comforted by that. Maybe I don't feel God's presence but I know a person whose gone through that situation before me and He is going to help me. (Jesus)

Sometimes our emotions gets in the way of knowing God's presence, because we are angry or filled with worries or fear. But when the emotions calm down and when we place our selves in a place of stillness, that's where we could see God standing beside us and carrying us through those fears,worries and doubts.

I may not literally see it but once I look back when I am out of the valley, it all makes sense ! God's hand upon our live even when don t feel God's presence sometimes.

1 comment:

Khris Cantrell said...

Interesting post. I have been a Christian for some time now and have found that God doesn't change nor does he move away from you. It is we as Christians that set our own agenda and move away from His will. All Christians go through "valleys", if you will. Jesus had his 40 days in the wilderness. Joseph had his 12 years in prison. Paul was closer to God than I could ever dream to be, yet he endured suffering,stoning,and prison. God plays the tune, we just dance to His music. Peace be with you and I will try and stay in touch with you if that is ok.