Monday, May 3, 2010

Little Jordan

Today I had an experience that I could never forget in my life. Part of me still struggles to understand of why God had to allow this to happen . I went to the hospital to visit my friend. They are more like a family to me, they just recently welcomed a baby girl in their life.

The baby was named as Jordan and I had the privilege of holding the precious child in my arms. The baby went to be with the Lord before I even entered the ward to see the child. Her tiny eyes were closed, she was dressed with a white dress and was wrapped in a warm cloth. The pastor at that time took pictures of the baby for the family.

I also had the privilege to pray for the baby and I just asked God to bless her soul and that I thanked God for giving the family Jordan and that He was still with them in this difficult time.


As I was praying, deep inside my heart I could not understand where God was in this picture. A day before yesterday I was so confident that God was going to heal the child. But some times God chooses to work in different ways rather to what we expect Him to do for us. I know today that Jordan is in a better place because of the blood of Jesus Christ.


Death is a part of humanity, but really because Of Jesus Christ we continue to live on even though our earth suit gives up . This is faith and this is what keeps me going. It becomes a big shock to us when we walk these sort of path in life and it has certainly been for me. I will always remember Jordan who has inspired me to see how precious life is and that the very breath that we take in is from God.


I don't have the answers of why God took Jordan home early but I know that He is a faithful God and that everything that He does has a purpose. I know that one day God will reveal to us why this had to take place. Even as I write this, I wondered what could have happened if Jesus was there in that ward? The truth is, the Holy Spirit was there comforting each one of us, while Christ was binding the broken heart of the parent, and the Father shedding His tears for them.


The reason why I am writing this in my blog is that, its an alternative for me to share how I feel on the inside and that when I do that I feel lighter on the inside. I pray that God will comfort the family and help them to come through this grief process.

No comments: