Sunday, May 16, 2010

My dad's vision and mine

I called my dad the other day and he mentioned about how he was going to Singapore for a couple of days to preach in a church and to meet couple of well known preachers. The purpose of his visit was to invite one of those preachers for the upcoming conference that he is organizing in South Africa.

My dad has this vision of how there should be unity in the body of Christ and that the body of Christ should be joined in together in unity so that the coming of the Lord can take place. Today we cant see much of unity in the body of Christ. From denominational barriers to personal conflicts amongst pastors and leaders exist today. My dad's main aim is to promote unity in the Body of Christ, where every one comes together with one aim that is to have unity in Christ, forgetting all their personal conflicts and denominational barriers.

Over the years I have seen how my dad has taken hold of his vision and is running with it. Sometimes it has been challenging for us in the past as a family since he use to travel allot to meet with pastors and leaders locally and internationally to promote unity. He also organises conferences that brings pastors and leaders together with one aim that is to bring unity. In the past he has organized 3 conferences in 3 different countries and all of them have been successful in bringing together local pastors and leaders in unity.


He has been running with this vision for a while now and I still remember of how my dad use to pray allot in the night when I was a small boy. At that time I did not understand much but today I do. He would use to walk in the living room from left to right as he prayed. Today as I look back, I understand that how God gave him this vision and that was through prayer. My dad found his God given vision and His purpose in that. Not to mention also of how he used to fast two meals in a day for a whole year as he prayed for this God given vision to be fulfilled.


I am grateful that I am also a part in his God given vision as I am starting my early ministry years. But I cant say that God has given me a vision also. So far it has not been clear. I am praying that God will make it clear for me in the coming days. But I know that God has called me to preach His words of life. Nothing gives me the satisfaction that I get every time I preach God's word. Over the few months as I pressed on to God on finding what He wanted me to do, I have had dreams of prophesying to people and preaching His word to different nations and have received words of knowledge about that from respected servants of God.

I am going to stay in faith and do my best where God has placed me and I pray that God will make His vision clearer for me. Perhaps He has already done it and I just have to wait for the right timing for the vision to be fully birthed in my heart.
At this point of time I know that the vision is slowly taking root in my heart, praise be to God.

I pray and hope that you will find your vision from God.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I'm very happy to have come across your blog. Just within my small area of the globe, nearly everyone I meet is speaking about the Body of Christ, Unity, Oneness, etc. The Spirit is moving across the waters.. (well, He never stopped). :)

I'd like to link up and pull on these strings of love to see where the Lord takes us.

Many blessings to you and your father. May the Lord's face shine upon your household.

In love,

Joseph @ http://www.serious-things.com